|February 25, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
Wayne State (Neb.)
|Stats at a Glance||BSUW||WSC|
|FG Percentage||.313 (20-64)||.500 (25-50)|
|3P FG Percentage||.381 (8-21)||.316 (6-19)|
|FT Percentage||.400 (2-5)||.833 (20-24)|
TEAM - 5
Senske - 1
WAYNE, Neb. -- Bemidji State women’s basketball opened up the 2015 Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) tournament Wednesday night on the road at No. 18 Wayne State College. The Beavers had a great start to the first half but could not hold on as they fell by a final score of 76-50.
Bemidji State ends its 2014-15 season with a 6-22 overall and 3-19 mark in the conference action, while Wayne State continues its run in the playoffs with a 25-4 overall record and an 18-4 NSIC record.
Bemidji State Highlights
- At the half, the Beavers were shooting 27 percent from the floor and 36 percent (4-of-11) from the arc. Tatum Sheley led the team’s three-point shooting, sinking 3-of-6 and led scoring at the half with nine points.
- Sophomore Tatum Sheley with 15 points, shooting 5-of-13 from the floor and sinking 5-of-10 from beyond the arc, led BSU in its loss to the Wildcats. Sheley added two boards and two assists in the loss.
- Aimee Pelzer and Sierra Senske contributed 12 and 12 points, respectively. Pelzer led the team in assists with five and Senske added one block.
- Bemidji State’s Mikayla Larson led the rebounding efforts with five, while Allison McKee pulled down four.
- Bemidji State made 20-of-64 shots from the field for 31.3 percent, going 8-of-21 behind the arc and just 2-for-5 at the charity stripe.
Wayne State Highlights
- Wayne State shot an even 50 percent for the game making 25-of-50 shots from the field. The 'Cats were 6-for-19 from 3-point range and 20-of-24 at the charity stripe.
- Wayne State charted four players in double-digits with Paige Ballinger coming from the bench to lead with 19 points, shooting 7-of-9 from the field. Ballinger earned a double-double as she also led in rebounds with 11.
- Jordan Spencer scored 15 points, while Millie Niggeling and Ashton Yossi each contributed 12 points.
- WSC outrebounded BSU in the game 44 to 26 but charted 15 turnovers compared to the Beavers 12.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).