BEMIDJI, Minn. -- Bemidji State University women’s basketball travels to face Northern State University on Friday, Dec. 6 and No. 22 Minnesota State University Moorhead on Saturday, Dec. 7 for its first full lineup in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play. The Beavers and Wolves tip-off at 5:30 p.m. from Wachs Arena in Aberdeen, S.D., before the Beavers and Dragons play at 3:30 p.m. at Nemzek Fieldhouse in Moorhead, Minn.
vs. Northern State
- Northern State leads the all-time series against Bemidji State, 59-10.
- NSU has won 12 straight games against BSU, dating back to Dec. 14, 2013. BSU’s most recent win came Jan. 26, 2013, a 64-57 decision.
- The Wolves swept the 2018-19 season series with a 69-57 win on Dec. 7, 2018 in Bemidji, Minn., and a 56-47 win on Jan. 12, 2019 in Aberdeen, S.D.
- Junior guard Brooklyn Bachmann led the Beavers last season with 12.0 points per game against the Wolves. She scored 19 points on eight field goals with three assists, one rebound and one steal in the first of the two-game series last season.
- The series began Jan. 24, 1986, a 77-74 win by Northern State.
vs. MSU Moorhead
- MSU Moorhead leads the all-time series against Bemidji State, 69-39.
- MSUM has won 15 straight games against BSU, dating back to Feb. 11, 2012. BSU’s most recent win came Dec. 2, 2011, a 75-68 victory.
- The Dragons swept the Beavers during the 2018-19 season series with a 72-47 win on Dec. 8, 2018 in Bemidji and a 62-54 win on Jan. 11, 2019 in Moorhead, Minn.
- Bachmann led BSU in scoring again against MSUM with 11.0 points per game, including 12 points with four assists, three rebounds and three steals in the first game of the season series. Junior center Taylor Bray led the team in that game with 14 points on 4-of-4 shooting with four rebounds and two steals.
- The series began in 1968, a 36-35 win by MSU Moorhead. The series is the longest between Bemidji State and any other opponent at 108 games.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- Bemidji State opened the NSIC schedule with a 72-50 win over University of Minnesota Crookston on Monday, Dec. 2 to enter the weekend with a 4-1 record overall.
- After trailing 12-7, BSU began to pull away with eight of the final 10 points in the first quarter. The Beavers held the Golden Eagles to 2-of-11 shooting in the second quarter and 2-of-11 in the third for a 55-38 lead going into the final 10 minutes.
- BSU hit several milestones with the win, including its first conference-opening victory since 2012. The Beavers held the Golden Eagles to 26.8 percent shooting from the field, its best defensive performance in NSIC games since 2014.
- Bachmann scored a season-high 17 points on 5-of-9 shooting from the field and 6-of-6 from the free-throw line. Six free throws were the most for her in a game without a miss. Bray followed with 15 points on 5-of-9 shooting from the field and 5-of-6 from the free-throw line. She tied sophomore forward Claire Wolhowe, who set a career-high for rebounds, for the team-high with eight rebounds. Sophomore guard Trinity Myer was the final Beaver to score in double figures with 12 points. Myer pulled down seven rebounds and added three assists and two steals.
- On the season, BSU is shooting 47.2 percent from the field and 36.3 percent from the 3-point line. The Beavers’ defense is the best in the conference heading into the weekend, allowing 32.5 percent from the floor and 23.1 percent from beyond the arc.
Scouting Northern State
- Northern State fell to MSU Moorhead, 73-65, Nov. 21 in its conference opener before taking back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s game against Bemidji State. NSU took a 77-64 win Nov. 29 at Metro State University (Colo.) and a 66-61 win Nov. 30 against Colorado Christian University.
- Senior guard Brianna Kusler led NSU with 17.0 points per game over the Thanksgiving Classic followed by sophomore forward Lexi Wadsworth with 15.0 points per game.
- On the season, Northern State is scoring 64.3 points per game while allowing 64.9. The Wolves are shooting 45.3 percent from the field, ranking second in the NSIC, 34.5 percent from 3-point range and pulling down 38.4 rebounds per game.
Scouting No. 22 MSU Moorhead
- MSU Moorhead enters the weekend 6-2 overall after going 1-2 Nov. 27-29 at the Oahu Thanksgiving Classic in Honolulu, Hawai’i. MSUM opened the tournament with a 61-45 win over University of Hawai’i at Hilo before taking a 62-60 overtime loss to No. 17 Cal State University-San Marcos and a 60-54 loss to No. 14 University of California-San Diego.
- Senior forward Megan Hintz and junior guard Sarah Jacobson each scored in double-digits all three games, led by Hintz with 17.3 points per game. Jacobson averaged 14.3 points per game and recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds against Cal State-San Marcos. Hintz also recorded a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds against Hawai’i-Hilo.
- On the season, MSUM is shooting 42.5 percent from the field, 36.3 percent from beyond the arc and 70.0 percent from the free-throw line. The Dragons lead the NSIC with 53.1 points allowed per game and 48.0 rebounds pulled down per game.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).