BEMIDJI, Minn. -- Bemidji State University women’s basketball closes out its 2019-20 road schedule Feb. 14-15 with a trip to face the University of Mary and Minot State University. BSU opens the weekend at 5:30 p.m. Friday against the Marauders in Bismarck, N.D., followed by the weekend-finale at 3:30 p.m. Saturday against the Beavers in Minot, N.D.
- UMary leads the all-time series against Bemidji State, 22-5.
- The Marauders won the first meeting of the 2019-20 season, 76-70, on Jan. 25 in Bemidji, Minn., and have now won eight of the last nine games in the series.
- Sophomore guard Trinity Myer led BSU with 15 points on 7-of-12 shooting with four rebounds, four assists and two steals. Sophomore forward Claire Wolhowe followed with 14 points and a career-high six assists. Freshman center Rachael Heittola recorded 13 points, six rebounds and three assists off the bench.
- The series began Nov. 30, 1984, an 80-75 win by BSU in Bismarck.
vs Minot State
- Minot State leads the all-time series versus Bemidji State, 15-6.
- MiSU has won five straight games against BSU after a 72-65 victory on Jan. 24, 2020 in Bemidji.
- Myer led BSU with 17 points, six rebounds and four steals while shooting 6-of-13 from the field. Junior guard Sydney Zerr followed with a career-high 14 points on a career-high four 3-pointers while adding three rebounds and two assists. Junior guard Brooklyn Bachmann recorded 11 points, four rebounds and four assists while Heittola scored 10 points off the bench.
- The series began Dec. 9, 1988, a 77-74 win by Minot State. Both teams took four wins over the first eight games of the series.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- Bemidji State fell in both its road games over the weekend with losses of 75-61 at Concordia University-St. Paul and 84-62 at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- The Beavers stayed within one point of the Golden Bears until a shooting slump hit midway through the second quarter. CSP went on a 14-0 run, with help of four turnovers from Bemidji State, to close the half and held BSU to 39.6 percent (21-53) shooting overall to pull away for the win.
- Bemidji State held a 36-30 lead late in the second quarter and overcame a deficit in the third quarter, but allowed Minnesota State to go on an 18-6 run to stay ahead by double-digits for the remainder of the game.
- Myer led BSU in scoring through both games with 14.0 points per game while Bachmann recorded her second career double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds against CSP. Wolhowe led BSU in scoring against MSU with 17 points while hitting a career-high five 3-pointers.
- Bemidji State ranks seventh in the NSIC in both field goal percentage (.423) and 3-point field goal percentage (.341).
- Myer ranks tied for 11th in the NSIC with 14.0 points per game, fourth with 3.9 assists per game, tied for fourth with 1.7 steals per game and sixth shooting 45.1 percent from the field.
- UMary has won five of its last six games after earning a weekend sweep over Upper Iowa University, 77-61, and Winona State University, 82-65, in Bismarck, N.D.
- The Marauders lead the conference shooting 45.8 percent from the field, third with a 1.22 assist-to-turnover ratio and fourth with 74.8 points per game.
- Senior forward Cassie Askvig leads the NSIC with 21.0 points per game while junior guard Lauren Rotunda ranks 17th with 12.7 points per game. Askvig also ranks fourth in the league shooting 49.8 percent from the field and 11th with 7.1 rebounds per game. Sophomore forward Lexie Schneider and Rotunda rank eighth and ninth with 7.5 and 7.4 rebounds per game, respectively.
Scouting Minot State
- Minot State swept Winona State, 68-53, and Upper Iowa, 73-54, at home to enter the weekend with a 6-16 record overall and 3-15 mark in conference play.
- The Beavers rank fourth in the NSIC with 32.6 rebounds allowed per game and sixth with 38.2 rebounds per game. MiSU ranks eighth in the league allowing opponents to shoot 39.9 percent from the field.
- Senior guard Mariah Payne ranks third in the conference with 17.8 points per game, tied for third with 2.4 3-pointers per game, fifth with 3.8 assists per game, and ninth with 42.0 percent shooting overall and 80.6 percent shooting from the free-throw line. Junior guard Calli Delsman ranks 10th in the conference with 7.2 rebounds per game.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull-down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).