|October 24, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
|1||10:43||WIS||Josephs, Katy (McKibbon, Sydney , Zgraja, Katarina)|
|2||12:48||WIS||Wellhausen, Baylee (Clark, Emily , Sylvester, Karley)|
|Shots on Goal||31||15|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Sanford Center) — The Bemidji State University women’s ice hockey team fell to No. 2 University of Wisconsin Friday evening in Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) action, 2-1. With the victory, Wisconsin improves to 7-2-0 overall (5-2-0 WCHA) while Bemidji State drops to 4-3-0 overall (0-3-0 WCHA).
Notes on the Beavers:
- Grenier netted her first goal of the season, which was her sixth in her career as a Beaver. It was also BSU’s first on the power play since Oct. 5 versus University of Vermont.
- The Beavers’ penalty-killing unit stopped all three power-play chances that Wisconsin had in the game. That makes seven straight successful penalty kills for BSU.
- The loss was the first for BSU at home this season and seventh straight to Wisconsin.
Notes on the Badgers:
- With the win, Wisconsin improves to 54-4-3 all-time versus Bemidji State.
- Six different Badgers registered points in the victory.
- Wisconsin outshot Bemidji State 31-15 in the contest. It is eighth time in nine games that the Badgers have outshot their opponents.
Next up: The two teams will conclude its series tomorrow afternoon at 4:07 p.m. from the Sanford Center.
For more information on the Bemidji State women’s hockey program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers or @BSUWHockey), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).