BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team is back in the friendly confines of Chet Anderson Stadium this weekend as it hosts Northern State University and Minnesota State University Moorhead for a pair of Homecoming match ups. The Beavers will face Northern State at 11 a.m. Saturday and will wrap up homecoming weekend against MSU Moorhead at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Beavers, who are 5-6-1 overall and 4-4-1 in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play, look to build upon a three-match unbeaten streak (2-0-1).
It’s a special weekend for BSU soccer. In addition to it being homecoming week at BSU, the Beavers will recognize their 2005 team Saturday and Sunday will host their Third Annual Cheryl Smith Memorial / Cancer Awareness Match.
Northern State match up information:
- Bemidji State is 7-7-2 all-time versus Northern State.
- Eight of BSU’s 16 all-time games versus NSU have gone into overtime. BSU is 4-4-2 in those games.
- BSU opens the weekend riding a four-game winnings streak versus Northern State. BSU last lost to the Wolves was Oct. 18, 2009.
- Last time the Beavers faced Northern State (10/12/13), BSU earned a 1-0 double-overtime win in Aberdeen.
- 2014 NSU Soccer Stats
- 2014 NSU Soccer Schedule
MSU Moorhead match up information:
- BSU holds a 10-4-1 all-time record versus MSU Moorhead.
- BSU is unbeaten in its last five meetings with MSU Moorhead (4-0-1).
- The Dragons last defeated BSU Sept. 26, 2008.
- Last time the Beavers faced MSU Moorhead (10/13/13), BSU defeated the Dragons on their home turf, 2-1, in overtime.
- 2014 MSUM Soccer Stats
- 2014 MSUM Soccer Schedule
Bemidji State soccer information:
- 2014 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2014 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Live Stats versus NSU
- Live Stats versus MSUM
- Watch the live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).