|October 18, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|BSU||26:14||Stram, Sarah (Szurek, Christine )|
|BSU||47:43||Ertl, Bayley (Famestad, Miranda )|
|BSU||58:11||Ertl, Bayley (Szurek, Christine )|
|Stats at a Glance||NSU||BSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||15 (8)||21 (11)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- Sarah Stram and Bayley Ertl each scored twice, while Christine Szurek added a pair of assists and Sonja Barr recorded eight saves to lift the Bemidji State University soccer team past Northern State University Saturday at Chet Anderson Stadium, 4-0.
Bemidji State, which improved to 6-6-1 overall and 5-4-1 in NSIC play, returns to action tomorrow when it hosts Minnesota State University Moorhead in a 1 p.m. NSIC match.
Bemidji State soccer information:
- Bemidji State is now 8-7-2 all-time versus Northern State.
- BSU has defeated Northern State in five consecutive meetings. BSU last lost to the Wolves was Oct. 18, 2009.
- Sonja Barr posted eight saves for her third shout out of the season. She ranks second on BSU’s all-time shoutouts list with 14.
- Szurek recorded her first two assists of 2014. With two assists today also stands as the first multi-assist match of her career.
- Ertl posts first multi-goal match of her career. She now has five goals this season to rank second on the team.
- Stram nets her team-leading seventh and eighth goals of 2014. It was her second multi-goal match of the season.
- Stram’s eight goal established a new career-high for the sophomore, who led the team with seven a year ago.
- Stram’s 15 career goals placer her in sole possession of eighth place on BSU’s career goal scoring list.
- BSU is unbeaten in its last four matches (3-0-1).
- BSU has out scored its opponents’ 16-2 in its last four matches.
- 2014 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2014 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).