BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- Sophomore forward Sarah Stram netted her team-leading 11th goal of the season and Sonja Barr posted four saves to pick up her fifth shutout of 2014 and lead the Bemidji State University soccer team to a 1-0 victory over Winona State University, Friday evening at Chet Anderson Stadium.
The Beavers, which improved to 8-6-1 overall and 7-4-1 in NSIC play, ride a six-match unbeaten streak (5-0-1) into the weekend finale against Upper Iowa University 1 p.m. Sunday.
Bemidji State soccer notes:
- Sonja Barr posted four saves for her fifth shutout of the season. She ranks second on BSU’s all-time shutouts list with 16.
- Barr's fifth shutout places her seventh on BSU's single-season shutouts list and establishes a single-season career-high.
- Barr extends her shutout streak to a career-long 379:07—a streak spanning five games.
- Barr’s shutout streak ranks as the fourth longest in BSU soccer program history. She trails Abby Kjonaas, who posted a streak of 393:59 Sept. 11, 2011-Oct. 2, 2011.
- With five shutouts this season, Barr ties Kari Torgerson’s 2005 season (5) for fifth on BSU’s single-season shutouts list.
- Bar ranks fourth in the NSIC allowing 0.85 goals per game.
- Stram has six goals and two assists in BSU's last four matches.
- Stram’s 11th goal established a new career-high for the sophomore, who led the team with seven a year ago.
- Stram ties Becky Elk (2001) and Jamie Ford (2008) for sixth on BSU's single-season goal scoring list.
- Stram’s 18 career goals placer her in sole possession of eighth place on BSU’s career goal scoring list.
- Bemidji State is a perfect 8-0-0 this season when Stram nets a goal.
- Stram’s 11 goals place her third in the NSIC.
- With 27 points (11g-5a), Stram is the NSIC’s second-leading scorer.
- Stram now has a team-best four game-winning goals to rank fourth in the NSIC.
- BSU is unbeaten in its last six matches (5-0-1) marking its longest streak since it won six straight Sept. 22-Oct. 7, 2012.
- Bemidji State is now 3-11-1 versus Winona State and 2-4-1 versus the Warriors when playing in Bemidji, Minn.
- BSU earns its first victory over Winona State since Sept. 25, 2010.
- The Beavers are 4-1-0 at home this season and have out scored their opponents 16-2 in those games.
- BSU has out scored its opponents 20-2 in its last six matches.
- 2014 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2014 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).