|October 26, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|BSU||8:42||Ertl, Bayley (Thelen, Raquel )|
|BSU||14:47||Ertl, Bayley (Stram, Sarah )|
|UIU||58:43||Edwards,Madie (Wronski,Aimee )|
|Stats at a Glance||UIU||BSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||20 (8)||12 (8)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- Bayley Ertl scored twice, while Sarah Stram added a penalty kick goal and an assist to push the Bemidji State University soccer team past Upper Iowa University, 3-2, Sunday in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play at Chet Anderson Stadium.
Sonja Barr made six saves in 90 minutes in goal, to pick up her eighth victory of the season and to extend Bemidji State's unbeaten streak to seven games (6-0-1).
The Beavers, now 9-6-1 overall and 8-4-1 in NSIC play, return to the road Friday for a 3 p.m. match up at University of Minnesota Duluth (7-9-0; 7-6-0 NSIC). BSU will wrap up its regular-season schedule Sunday versus St. Cloud State University (4-11-1; 3-9-1 NSIC). The 2014 finale is set for 1 p.m. at Chet Anderson Stadium.
Bemidji State soccer notes:
- Sonja Barr surrendered her first goal since the 81st minute of the Beavers' Oct. 11 match at Southwest Minnesota State University--a streak spanning six matches and 389:06. The streak is a career-high for Barr and stands as the fourth-longest shutout streak in program history.
- Bar ranks fourth in the NSIC allowing 0.93 goals per game.
- Barr is 6-0-1 in BSU's last seven matches and has a goals against average of 0.55 and a save percentage of .935.
- Stram has a career-best five-match streak with at least a point and has seven goals and two assists during the streak.
- Stram’s 12th goal established a new career-high for the sophomore, who led the team with seven a year ago.
- Stram ties Kelly Hyvare (2006) and Ashlee Ellefsen (2008) for fourth on BSU's single-season goal scoring list.
- Stram’s 19 career goals placer her in sole possession of eighth place on BSU’s career goal scoring list.
- Bemidji State is a perfect 9-0-0 this season when Stram nets a goal.
- Stram’s 12 goals place her second in the NSIC.
- With 30 points (12g-6a), Stram is the NSIC’s second-leading scorer.
- Stram's 30 points rank as the fifth-best single-game total in program history.
- Stram now has a team-best five game-winning goals to rank fourth in the NSIC.
- Stram scored the game-winning goal in each of the Beavers' matches this weekend and now has a team-best five on the season.
- Less than two years into her collegaite career, Stram already has seven career game-winners and is tied with Katie Meinhardt for forth on BSU's all-time game-winners list.
- Stram ties Kirsten Erickson (2011), Ashley Ellefsen (2009), Jamie Ford (2008) and Kelly Hyvare (2006) as the only BSU players to ever record five game-winners in single season. No player has ever logged more.
- Stram's penalty kick goal makes her a perfect 3-for-3 this season.
- Bayley Ertl's sixth and seventh goals of the season count as her second multi-goal game of 2014.
- Raquel Thelen recorded her seventh assist of the season, marking an end to a four-match scoring drought.
- Thelen's seventh assist matches four others for third on BSU's single-game assists list.
- BSU is unbeaten in its last seven matches (6-0-1) marking its longest streak in program history.
- Bemidji State is now 6-5-0 versus Upper Iowa and 4-2-0 versus the Peacocks when playing in Bemidji, Minn.
- BSU earns its first victory over Upper Iowa since Sept. 24, 2011.
- The Beavers are 5-1-0 at home this season and have out scored their opponents 17-6 in those games.
- BSU has out scored its opponents 23-4 in its last seven matches.
- BSU's 2.063 goals per game ranks fourth in the NSIC.
- 2014 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2014 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).