|November 02, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
St. Cloud State
|SCSU||38:56||Cornell, Michelle (Fleck, Gabby )|
|Stats at a Glance||SCSU||BSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||12 (6)||17 (6)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- The Bemidji State University soccer team was unable to generate any offense Sunday, falling to St. Cloud State University in the 2014 regular-season finale, 1-0.
Senior goalkeeper Sonja Barr made five saves and the Beavers out shot the Huskies 17-12 in the game, with six shots apiece on target, but were unable to breach the goal line.
Trailing 1-0 after Michelle Cornell headed a corner kick past Barr, the Beavers pressed all of the second half, but came up dry.
The 9-8-1; 8-6-1 NSIC Beavers now await their postseason fate. The first round of the U.S. Bank Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference Tournament will begin Wednesday.
Bemidji State soccer notes:
- BSU was shutout for its second consecutive game for the first time since Oct. 13-14, 2012.
- Following the loss, BUS is 5-9-1 all-time versus St. Cloud State.
- The Beavers have now lost two consecutive games to the Huskies.
- BSU is now 3-4-0 all-time when hosting SCSU.
- The Beavers cap the 2014 regular season 5-2-0 at home.
- Finishing the regular season with nine wins, the 2014 squad matches the 2007 team for ninth on BSU's single-season wins list.
- With 33 goals on the seaosn, the 2014 team ties BSU's 1999 and 2013 teams for seventh on the program's single-seaosn goals list.
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).