|September 13, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
NW Missouri State
|BSU||26:15||Ertl, Bayley (Szurek, Christine , Nelson, Dani)|
|BSU||51:50||Norton, Rachael (Stram, Sarah , Nyquist, Abigail)|
|Stats at a Glance||NWMSU||BSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (3)||18 (11)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- Sarah Stram scored her third and fourth goals of the season and Anna Fobbe turned aside three shots to propel the Bemidji State University soccer team to a 4-0 nonconference victory over Northwest Missouri State University Sunday at Chet Anderson Stadium.
BSU dominated play for large portions of the match, finishing with an 18-6 edge in shots with a 11-3 advantage in shots on goal.
BSU took a 1-0 lead in the 19th minute when Stram beat a Bearcat defender and netted her third goal of the season. Bayley Ertl put the Beavers up 2-0 before the half (26:15) collecting her first goal of 2015 when Christine Szurek and Dani Nelson threaded passes through the Northwest back line.
In the 52nd minute of the game, Stram set up Rachael Norton’s first collegiate goal to give the Beavers a three-goal cushion and Stram would finish off the scoring with her fourth goal of the season in the 76th minute.
Anna Fobbe turned aside three NMSU shots on goal to earn her fourth victory, her third shutout and extend her shutout streak to 239:36.
BSU, which improved to 4-0-0 overall returns its focus to Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play Saturday when it hosts University of Mary at 1 p.m.
Bemidji State soccer notes:
- Stram’s goal was the 22nd and 23rd of her career, while it stands as her 10th game-winner.
- BSU is 17-2-0 when Stram scores a goal.
- Stram’s eight shots on goal stand as a career high.
- Norton’s goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- Fobbe’s shutout stands as her third straight and extends her shutout streak to 239:36.
- Fobbe has not allowed a goal since the 37th minute of a 2-1 victory over Minnesota Crookston, Sept. 3.
- BSU is now 2-0-1 versus the Bearcats and has won the last two meetings in the series.
- 2015 BSU Soccer Schedule
- 2015 BSU Statistics
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).