BEMIDJI, Minn. – After a weekend away, the Bemidji State University women’s soccer team returns home to Chet Anderson Stadium to host a pair of Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference matches. The Beavers will begin the weekend with Southwest Minnesota State 1 p.m. Saturday and will follow that with a special senior day match versus Sioux Falls at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Bemidji State is 4-3-0 at home this season, but look to snap a three-game home losing skid this weekend versus the Mustangs and Cougars.
Sunday the team will honor its senior class of: Hillary Arechigo, Anna Edgren, Abigail Nyquist, Emily Olson, Melanie Simonson and Bre Sollie. As a class, these seniors have been a part of 37 wins, including a program record 12 in 2013 and three consecutive trips to the NSIC Tournament.
BSU women’s soccer team split a pair of conferences matches this last weekend. The Beavers began the road trip with a loss at Augustana University, 1-0, Saturday. However, on Sunday, they pulled out a 1-0 victory at Wayne State College.
The Beavers hope to keep up the momentum as they head into this weekends games and look to improve upon their 6-4 overall record and make a move in the standings from their 3-4-0, ninth-place position.
Southwest Minnesota State match up information:
- Bemidji State is 5-11-4 all-time versus Southwest Minnesota State.
- BSU is 4-6 all-time when playing SMSU at home.
- Last time the Beavers faced the Mustangs, game ended in a tie, 1-1 in overtime, Oct. 11, 2014.
- 2015 Southwest Minnesota State Soccer Stats
- 2015 Southwest Minnesota State Soccer Schedule
Sioux Falls match up information:
- The BSU is 3-0-0 all-time against Sioux Falls
- BSU is 1-0 when hosting USF.
- BSU was victorious in their last match with USF, winning 6-0, Oct. 12, 2014.
- 2015 Sioux Falls Soccer Stats
- 2015 Sioux Falls Soccer Schedule