The Bemidji State soccer team continues NSIC action this weekend as they play host to some league foes at Chet Anderson Stadium as part of Alumni weekend. The Beavers will begin the weekend with Minnesota State University, Mankato, at 1 p.m. Saturday and will close the weekend facing Concordia University, St. Paul, at 1 p.m. Sunday for the Cheryl Smyth Memorial/Cancer Awareness Game.
After suffering a tough loss to Minot State, the Beavers look to get back into the win column as they square off with the Mankato State Mavericks Saturday. Mankato is hot coming into the match against the Beavers, the Mavericks have won three straight games beating up on Southwest Minnesota State 4-0 in their last win this past Sunday. On Sunday the Beavers will play Concordia St. Paul, the Golden Bears will look to put up a good battle as they are hungry for some wins, they are currently 1-4-2 overall. The Golden Bears have won the last two meeting they have had with the Beavers. Concordia St. Paul will travel to Crookston to play the Golden Eagles Saturday before heading to Bemidji to take on the Beavers on Sunday.
BSU soccer looks to improve upon their 6-2 record after splitting a pair of conferences games last weekend. The Beavers started the weekend strong as they defeated U-Mary, 4-1, both leading goal scores, Miranda Famestad and Bayley Ertl notched their 5th goal on the season, Rachael Norton scored her 4th goal on the season and Sarah Starm Scored her 2nd goal on the year. Raquel Thelen recorded her 6th assist on the season and his now tied with Stram for most assists on the team. On Sunday, BSU fell to Minot State 1-0 in overtime, goal keeper Anna Fobbe stopped 6 shots for Bemidji. BSU experienced only their second loss of the season.
Minnesota State match up information:
- Bemidji State in 1-11-1 all-time versus Minnesota State.
- BSU is 0-5-1 all-time when playing MSU at home.
- Last time the Beavers faced the Mavericks, BSU lost 1-0 on 9/25/15.
- The last and only time the Beavers defeated the Mavericks was on 10/31/10.
- 2016 Minnesota State Soccer Stats.
- 2016 Minnesota State Soccer Schedule.
Concordia-St. Paul match up information:
- Bemidji State is 10-2-2 all-time against Concordia-St. Paul
- BSU is 6-2 when hosting CU.
- The Beavers dropped their last game versus the Golden Bears, 1-0 on 9/27/15.
- 2016 Concordia-St. Paul Soccer Stats.
- 2016 Concordia-St. Paul Soccer Schedule.
Bemidji State soccer information:
- 2016 BSU Soccer Stats.
- 2016 BSU Soccer Schedule.
- Live stats versus Minnesota State.
- Live stats versus Concordia-St. Paul.
- Watch the live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).