BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team travels south for a pair of Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference matches this weekend. The Beavers will first take on Augustana University in Sioux Falls, S.D. at 11 a.m. Saturday before heading to Wayne, Neb. to face Wayne State College at 1p.m. Sunday to wrap up the weekend.
BSU women's soccer team picked up two wins this past weekend to boost their record to 9-3 overall and 7-2 in NSIC play. On a cold windy and rainy Friday afternoon the Beavers got off to a slow start against Northern State University. It was until late in the second half that the Beavers got on the board with a goal by freshman Melanie Peltier, it was her first collegiate goal of her career. She was assisted on the goal by Allie Erickson that was her first assist on the season, and by Raquel Thelen who picked up her team leading 9th assist on the year. BSU quickly struck again with a goal from Rachael Norton, her 5th goal on the year she was assisted by Sarah Stram who notched her 7th assist on the year. Goalie Catherine Arenson started the game for the beavers and Anna Fobbe came in to start the second half to close out the win for BSU with a combined shutout.
On Sunday the Beavers put up a barrage of sots against the MSUM Dragons, BSU put up 24 shots with 10 of them on net. Senior Forward Bayley Ertl struck first for Bemidji scoring her team leading 8th goal on the season, she was assisted by Emma Brechlin who recorded her first collegiate assist of her career. The Beavers recorded 3 goals in the 2nd half the first to strike was Raquel Thelen, she scored her 3rd goal on the year, she was assisted by Sarah Stram her 8th assist on the season. Stram then joined the scoring party herself by notching her 4th goal on the year unassisted. Then it was Sophomore Allie Erickson who closed out the scoring by collecting her second goal on the season from a pass by freshman Brenna Keeler which was Keeler's first Collegiate assist and point of her career. Goalie Anna Fobbe had a relaxing day in net for Bemidji State, not only did she not face any shots on goal because of her steller defense she had in front of her, but she also picked up her 5th win on the season with her second shutout on the year.
Augustana match up information:
- Augustana is 7-4-1 on the year and 6-2-1 in the NSIC
- Bemidji State is 6-5-1 all-time versus Augustana.
- BSU is 2-2 all-time when playing Augie in Sioux Falls.
- Last time the Beavers faced the Vikings, BSU lost 1-0, 10/3/15
- 2016 Augustana Soccer Stats.
- 2016 Augustana Soccer Schedule.
Wayne State match up information:
- Wayne State is 6-3-3 overall and 3-3-3 in the NSIC
- The Beavers are 10-7-3 all-time against Wayne State.
- BSU is 5-4 when playing in Wayne against the Wildcats.
- Bemidji State won their last meeting with WSC, 1-0 10/4/15
- 2016 Wayne State Soccer Stats.
- 2016 Wayne State Soccer Schedule.
Bemidji State soccer information:
- BSU 2016 Soccer Stats.
- BSU 2016 Soccer Schedule.
- Live Stats Versus Augustana.
- LIve Stats Versus Wayne State.
- Watch the live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).