BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team is back in action this week, hitting the road for a Northern Sun Intercollegaite Conference match up at University of Minnesota Crookston before traveling to Michigan for non-conference match ups at Michigan Technological University and Northern Michigan University. The Beavers travel to Crookston, Minn. for a 5 p.m. Tuesday match versus the Golden Eagles. Friday, BSU will travel to Houghton, Mich. to face off against Michigan Tech at 4 p.m. The Beavers will then travel to Marquette, Mich. for a match against Northern Michigan at 2 p.m. Sunday to wrap up the weekend.
BSU is coming off a 2016 campaign during which it compiled an overall record of 14-5-1 and finished third in the NSIC standings owning an 11-3-1 mark in league play. At the conclusion of the regular season, BSU made its eighth consecutive appearance in the NSIC Tournament and advanced to the semifinal round for the fourth time in school history.
Minnesota Crookston match up information:
- BSU is 21-5-1 all-time against Minnesota Crookston.
- BSU has not lost to Minnesota Crookston since 2002
- BSU earned a victory during its last meeting with Golden Eagles, 5-1 in Bemidji, MN, September 3, 2016
- 2016 UMC Soccer Stats
- 2017 UMC Soccer Schedule
Northern Michigan match up information:
- Bemidji State is 5-6-0 all-time versus Northern Michigan, but has won the last four meetings versus the Wildcats.
- BSU is 3-4 all-time when playing in Marquette, Mich.
- BSU has been shut out to account for five of its six all-time losses to NMU
- Last time the Beavers faced Northern Michigan, BSU earned a 4-0 victory, Sept. 9, 2016
- 2016 NMU Soccer Stats
- 2017 NMU Soccer Schedule
Michigan Tech match up information:
- BSU is 2-2 all-time versus the Huskies.
- BSU has not played in Houghton, Mich. since 2013, when it earned a 2-1 victory over the Huskies.
- BSU dropped its last meeting with the Huskies, 2-1, September 11, 2016
- 2016 MTU Soccer Stats
- 2017 MTU Soccer Schedule
Bemidji State soccer information:
- 2016 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2017 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Live Stats versus UMC
- Live Stats versus MTU
- Live Stats versus NMU
- Watch the live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).