BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team will have an opportunity to make some waves this weekend as it travels to Mankato, Minn. for a pair of nonconference matchups versus top-five opponents. The No. 18 Beavers will go head-to-head with top-ranked Grand Valley State University to open play Friday with a match up against No. 4 University of Central Missouri Sunday in a rematch of last season’s NCAA Tournament central regional semifinal.
Bemidji State will clash with defending national champion GVSU (2-0-0) at 1 p.m. Friday to open the tournament. After a day of recovery, the Beavers will be back on the pitch to close the weekend of play with a 1p.m. match with Central Missouri. Both matches will be played at The Pitch on the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus.
The Beavers are 1-0-0 and are coming off a 2-1 nonconference victory over Winona State University. The victory marked BSU’s sixth consecutive home-opening victory and allowed BSU to improve to 45-10-3 since the start of the 2013 season.
BSU has never faced Grand Valley State, while its only previous meeting with UCM was the aforementioned 2-0 loss, Nov. 11.
The Beavers have played well away from Chet Anderson Stadium as of late. They open the weekend riding a streak of 18 straight road matches without a loss (15-0-3). In addition, since the beginning of the 2016 season, BSU is 21-2-3 (.865).
Grand Valley State match up information:
- GVSU is ranked No. 1 in the nation and totes a 2-0-0 record.
- Bemidji State and GVSU have never previously met.
- Since 2010 the Beavers are 6-3-1 against the Warriors.
- 2019 Grand Valley State statistics
- 2019 Grand Valley State schedule
Central Missouri match up information:
- UCM is ranked No. 4 in the nation and owns a 2-0-0 record.
- Bemidji State is 0-1-0 versus UCM with its only meeting coming Nov. 11, 2019 in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Jennies got a 10-save performance from Lindsey Johnson and scored a goal early in each half to earn the 2-0 win and hand the Beavers their first and only loss of 2018.
- 2019 Central Missouri statistics
- 2019 Central Missouri schedule
Bemidji State soccer information:
- 2019 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2019 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Live stats
- Live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to you favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).