BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team will host Upper Iowa University and Winona State University this weekend at Chet Anderson Stadium.
Bemidji State will open the weekend with a 3 p.m. matchup against Upper Iowa Friday. Sunday, Winona State arrives for a 1 p.m. match.
The Beavers come into the weekend 2-2-1 after a tie at St. Cloud State University and a 2-1 win at University of Minnesota Duluth. The match versus SCSU went into double overtime with neither team scoring. Goalkeepers, Alyssa Stumbaugh and Emma Riedi totaled five saves to combine for their first clean sheet of the season. At UMD, Sara Wendt scored both goals for BSU and earned Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference Offensive Player of the Week honors.
Upper Iowa match up information:
- UIU owns a 0-3-2 overall record and are 0-1-1 in NSIC play.
- The last time the Beavers and Peacocks met, BSU defeated UIU, 5-1.
- The Beavers are 10-5 versus the Peacocks since they first met in 2004.
- 2019 Upper Iowa Statistics
- 2019 Upper Iowa Schedule
Winona State match up information:
- Winona State is currently 1-4 overall and 0-2 in conference play.
- BSU is 7-11-2 versus WSU and 3-3 in the last six matches.
- Last time the two teams met, the Beavers, Sept. 5, beat the Warriors, 2-1.
- 2019 Winona State Statistics
- 2019 Winona State Schedule
Bemidji State soccer information:
- 2019 BSU Soccer Stats
- 2019 BSU Soccer Schedule
- Live stats
- Live web stream
- Follow the Beavers on social media: We are on Twitter / Facebook
- Get TXTUpdates on Bemidji State soccer or any BSU athletic program deliver directly to your favorite mobile device.
- Download the BSU Soccer eCalendar
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).