BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team will travel to St. Paul, Minn. and Mankato, Minn. for two Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference matches this weekend looking to extend its unbeaten streak to eight matches. Both teams are ranked among the top 25 in the nation.
Bemidji State will open the weekend at No. 16 Concordia University-St. Paul 7 p.m. Friday. The Beavers then travel to Mankato. Minn. to take on No. 23 Minnesota State University, Mankato 1 p.m. Sunday.
The Beavers come into the weekend 8-2-1 overall and 7-0-1 in NSIC play after a 3-1 win over Minot State University and a second overtime shutout against University of Mary last weekend.
BSU last loss came Sept. 15 against then-No. 8 University of Central Missouri in a non-conference, neutral-site match in Mankato, Minn. The Beavers are 0-2-0 versus nationally-ranked teams this season.
Bemidji State will round out October with two home games Oct. 25 and 27 against Wayne State College and Augustana University at Chet Anderson Stadium.
Concordia-St. Paul match up information:
- CSP is currently 9-0-2 overall and sits at 6-0-2 in the NSIC.
- The last time the two teams met, BSU swept CSP, 3-0.
- Bemidji State is 10-8-1 versus Concordia since the teams first met in 2002.
- 2019 Concordia-St. Paul Statistics
- 2019 Concordia-St. Paul Schedule
Minnesota State match up information:
- MSU is 9-2 overall and 6-2 in the NSIC.
- Minnesota State leads the series 8-4-2 over Bemidji State
- Last time the two teams met, BSU defeated MSU 3-2 in the second overtime.
- 2019 Minnesota Statistics
- 2019 Minnesota Schedule
Bemidji State soccer information:
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).