FARGO, N.D. (Shelly Ellig Indoor Track & Field Facility) -- The Bemidji State University women’s track and field team featured fewer numbers than a usual meet but still produced plenty of personal record marks Friday as six multi-event athletes competed in the pentathlon at the Bison Open in Fargo, N.D. Newcomer Maryse Mbenoun led the way for BSU with an 11th-place score of 2,978.
Bemidji State completed its second meet of the 2021 indoor season at the 200-meter track Shelly Ellig Indoor Track and Field Facility hosted by North Dakota State University. Of the five events included in the pentathlon (60m hurdles, high jump, shot put, long jump, and 800m run), Mbenoun finished with two top-five finishes in the shot put and the 800m run. She took fourth in the shot put with a throw of 33-feet-05.25-inches and fifth in the 800m run with a time of 2:29.73.
Senior Libby Christenson took 13th overall in the pentathlon with a personal record score of 2,910. She totaled two top-10 finishes, including a fourth-place finish in the high jump with a personal record leap of 5-02.00 and a ninth-place finish in the 800m run with a time of 2:36.43.
Other top-10 finishes included freshman Emily Curtice in the shot put with a toss of 32-03.00 and freshman Natalie Fultz in the high jump with a personal record mark of 4-11.50.
Senior Aneesa Tucker placed 15th in the pentathlon with a score of 2,729, Fultz finished 19th with a score of 2,493, Curtice came in 21st with a score of 2,408 and sophomore Lily Johnson finished 24th with a mark of 2,169.
In total, BSU’s six student-athletes finished with 18 personal record marks in the pentathlon and its events.
11. Maryse Mbenoun – 2,978
13. Libby Christenson – 2,910 (PR)
15. Aneesa Tucker – 2,729
19. Natalie Fultz – 2,493 (PR)
21. Emily Curtice – 2,408 (PR)
24. Lily Johnson – 2,169 (PR)
60m Hurdles (Pentathlon)
14. Maryse Mbenoun – 9.94
17. Libby Christenson – 10.05 (PR)
21. Natalie Fultz – 10.41 (PR)
22. Aneesa Tucker – 10.49
24. Emily Curtice - 11.29 (PR)
25. Lily Johnson – 11.73 (PR)
High Jump (Pentathlon)
4. Libby Christenson – 1.57m/5-02.00 (PR)
9. Natalie Fultz – 1.51m/4-11.50 (PR)
11. Emily Curtice – 1.48m/4-10.25 (PR)
17. Maryse Mbenoun – 1.45m/4-09.25
20. Aneesa Tucker – 1.42m/ 4-08.00
20. Lily Johnson – 1.42m/4-08.00 (PR)
Shot Put (Pentathlon)
4. Maryse Mbenoun – 10.19m/33-05.25
7. Emily Curtice – 9.83m/32-03.00
14. Libby Christenson – 9.26m/30-04.75
17. Aneesa Tucker – 8.96m/29-04.75
23. Lily Johnson – 7.55m/24-09.25 (PR)
24. Natalie Fultz – 7.45m/24-05.50 (PR)
Long Jump (Pentathlon)
13. Aneesa Tucker – 4.80m/15-09.00
18. Maryse Mbenoun – 4.59m/15-00.75
20. Libby Christenson – 4.43m/14-06.50
23. Emily Curtice – 4.11m/13-06.00 (PR)
24. Lily Johnson – 4.10m/13-05.50
24. Natalie Fultz – 4.10m/13-05.50 (PR)
800m Run (Pentathlon)
5. Maryse Mbenoun – 2:29.73
9. Libby Christenson – 2:36.43
10. Aneesa Tucker – 2:37.30
18. Natalie Fultz – 2:43.86 (PR)
19. Lily Johnson – 2:45.50
20. Emily Curtice – 2:49.53 (PR)
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers).
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).